Sunday, August 31, 2008

this is the 11th day since my double mastectomy... everything seems to be going fine. I still have the two drains on each side. now down to 10ml on the right and 5 ml on the left.. hoping these drains come out pretty soon... having my next appt with the surgeon two days from now... sad thing is there is a pretty big hematoma on where my left breast used to be.. surgeon says if it becomes red and swollen I might have to go back to the operating room, but hoping not.. good news is that the oncologist said I don't need chemotherapy and neither do I need tamoxifen because all I had was dcis and it was contained within the breast fat that they took out... wooohooo!!!!! and that I am not carrying the breast cancer gene, which means my kids will not have to go through this ordeal when they get older..
.. one day at a time... how appropriate..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home