Monday, September 29, 2008

back to life

it's now 5 and a half weeks after the mastectomy... down to almost zero pain...

had the drains for 2 weeks following the surgery, those were taken out promptly after 2 weeks ... what a big big relief that was!.. 3 weeks after the surgery I was already working from home... 4 weeks after the surgery and I am driving to and from work.. now I am almost ready to get those prosthesis... trying to wait bec my sides are still tender, and that awful feeling near the collarbone that my clothes are like sandpaper!! .. patience, patience.... yoga teacher recommends getting a prescription for a physical therapist... hopefully yoga by the end of the year (???)

last weekend we were able to celebrate my husband's birthday here at home.. and I cooked!!!! lechon kawali, veggies in oyster sauce, angel hair pasta with shrimp and scallop white sauce, store bought lumpiang shanghai and fried tilapia, plus spaghetti, ham, fried chicken, and ice cream from friends.... was even able to make that ube macapuno cake (wasn't that good though, but my husband seemed to like it)

I'll probably call petticoat faire to schedule a fitting... maybe next week.. i might still have to make a princess fiona costume for the little girl....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home