Sunday, February 08, 2009

kids short stories

***
Last Christmas I was helping my two year old with a game of M&Ms bingo. Each child was given a bingo card and the host was giving out handfuls of M&Ms to use as markers. As soon as my daughter gets her handful of M&Ms, she turns to me and says, "Mommy, look at all my choking hazards!"
***
We're trying to start her potty training. While we were eating breakfast one day she says to me, "Mommy, I utot. Did you see that? I not 'Did you poop'!"
***
My six year old son has learned to make fun of my confusion with at/in/on. We were eating dinner one night and he asked for some olives, which is one of his favorite foods. I told him I already put some in his plate. Then I corrected myself and said that they're on his plate. Then he says, "Mommy, see I'm sitting in my chair!.. In my chair, Mommy.." I said, "Uhuh?" He says, "How can I even be in my chair? It's not even possible!!" Huh. I wonder if this is what I should be expecting the next few years..
***

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home