Wednesday, February 25, 2009

food

I'm joining a contest!!! from http://www.facebook.com/ext/share.php?sid=52168739110&h=Ckd0x&u=k_w8F

Munchkin Mommy says "All you have to do is post an entry on your blog about who or what you consider to be the greatest influence/s on your cooking, food preferences or views on food (that is, if you yourself don’t cook) and how that influence comes through."

My greatest influence? My dad of course!! He was always cooking something in the kitchen. And I remember he was always so happy while doing it -- pasipol sipol pa.. Everything he made tasted delicious. My mom used to tell me to "go help your Daddy" whenever he was cooking -- and it's just now that I'm realizing how my mom's "utos" would help me to this day. Mahilig ang Daddy ko sa gulay at sabaw, so we always had something green and some soup. Kahit tirang butu-buto ng isda lang, nagagawa niyang sahog sa gulay -- hayun! may ulam na kami :) So today I've been known to just throw random stuff into the pot and me and my family have something to eat. Sabi naman ng asawa ko at mga anak -- Sarap 'to, certified mauulit!

I'm hoping to pass on this love of cooking and of "winging it" ika nga, to my kids someday..

1 Comments:

At 10:55 AM, Blogger Munchkin Mommy said...

Camille! What a pleasant surprise! Thank you for joining my little pa-contest. Like you, it's my family, my lola and my parents who have the greatest influence on me when it comes to food. :)

Medyo mali nga yung link kasi you probably got the link from Facebook. Kaya pala walang pingback. Hee hee. This is the correct one: http://cafemunchkin.com/2009/02/23/cafe-munchkins-birthday-blowout/

I'm happy to know that you have a blog! Yey!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home