Saturday, September 19, 2009

work

A few days ago I was working from home at night, trying to finish something that I needed to do on a request I received. As usual, I was connected to the database and wishing for the query to finish faster. My son was playing in the room where I was, suddenly he asks me "What are you doing, Mommy?"

So I say "Working" per usual response.

Then he says "Yes, but, what exactly are you doing when you say you are working?"

Well now that surprised me. This was the first time he ever showed any interest in what I did. So I told him that my work is about getting information (without mentioning queries and databases) for a person who requests for it. I told him that I'm typing out commands to the computer so that it will know what information to get, so that I can in turn send off that info to the other person.

Maybe that was too much information for him, he just said "Oh" and then went back to playing. But now that makes me wonder if he'll go into the same line of work that I'm doing... he's showing good aptitude at math in school, so I'm guessing that logical thinking comes easy for him. I guess we'll see in a few years time..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home